The Wilmington Jaycees, a JCI Member Organization, invites the community to nominate individuals who embrace the line of the Jaycees Creed, “Service to Humanity is the Best Work of Life!”
The Outstanding Young Wilmingtonian (OYW) Award honors the accomplishments of young people in the city of Wilmington. Each Outstanding Young Wilmintonian is a person who exemplifies going “above and beyond” when giving back to their community.
Young men and women may be nominated in one of ten categories for the OYW honor. A panel of judges will select honorees.
- Business, economic, and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal, and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
Candidates must be residents of New Castle County, age 21 through 40, and exemplify the best attributes of the city’s young people, the Jaycee Creed and dedication to a better community.
To nominate an individual as an Outstanding Young Wilmingtonian, please complete the following form.
We do not share this information with anybody outside of the process of OYW Award selection.
More information about the Outstanding Young Wilmingtonian award along with the complete list of past winners since 1941 is available at https://wilmingtonjaycees.org/about/outstanding-young-wilmingtonian/